Monday, June 7, 2010

As Promised :)

So I promised to update this. But first I thought I'd start with today. It was totally a Monday. Didn't want to get out of bed, long walk to school, blah blah blah. Class went well. We had to meet for our EuroRail Passes, which went really fast actually. Alexis, a girl from our group, and I decided to go to Mannheim because she heard there was really good shopping there, and we need dresses for the opera on Thursday...going to see the Magic Flute! Well we got to Mannheim and just walked. And walked. And walked some more. Saw a bunch of really pretty wedding dresses. That's about it. And we found no cafe's either. But we had a really good time walking and talking and looking at the pretty houses and flowers. We finally found our way back to the train station, and we stopped by the cafe there real quick. Got on the wrong train in the very opposite direction we wanted to go. We decided as the mountains got smaller that we were on the wrong train-took only about 30 minutes for us to decide to get off and go back. We were almost to Frankfurt! We then waited for 40 minutes for our next train in this very barren town with no train station. Took 30 minutes to get back again, ran for our next train, made it and got back to Heidelberg by about 8 pm. We decided to find a quick grocery store and buy food to take in tomorrow, talked with some homeless guys who thought we were scottish, and left very quickly :) I got home just after 9:30. I feel bad because I couldn't call, so I think my guest mom was a little mad, but she still had dinner waiting for me and we had a nice talk! Absolutely exhausted after all of that walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment