Sunday, June 20, 2010

Berlin

Berlin Berlin Berlin. This city was a bit of a shocker for me. I did not expect it to be as large as it was. I knew it was the largest city in Germany, but seriously! It was very overwhelming..I found out yesterday on our train ride home that it has over 175 museums. Nowhere near enough time to visit all of those in 2 days. Anyways, ended up visiting six museums total...I have been really sick, so I haven't felt like doing the museum thing, so I ended up seeing a lot more, just didn't go inside. The museums I saw were the Alte Nationalegalerie, another one that I forgot the name of, Jewish Museum, Checkpoint Charlie Museum, The Kennedy Museum (!!), and one other off the wall museum. I really enjoyed all of these museums..especially the Kennedy and Jewish Museums. A lot more than I expected! I was a bit angry though because I went to the Dunkin Donuts shop right outside the Kennedy Museum, and they didn't have any Berliners. What a bummer!! We also got to go on a boat ride and eat some good food. If you go to Berlin, they are known for their turkish food, so go ahead and try a curry wurst! Also very good here is their sea food. They have good pub crawls and really cool graffitti. Anyways it was a really good time. One of the guys did a dance from Richard Simmons in the train station. Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. FYI: The Berliners arent't called "Berliner" in Berlin :)

    ReplyDelete