Saturday, June 26, 2010

Köln

So four of us decided this weekend to do two day trips to Köln since its just a few hours away by train. I thought it was a very beautiful city. Two of the people I was with said they liked it better than Heidelberg, but I definitely love Heidelberg. So my adventure today? We decided to meet at the Heidelberg HBF at 8 am. So I got up at 545 am to get there. Well I got stuck and tried to walk to the HBF, but couldn't find it. I ended up missing the train, and I was so fustrated. I asked a person the fastest way to get there and the next train should have left in 10 minutes, but it was 15 minutes late! Well it turned out that the others got there just 30 minutes before I did and I didn't miss anything so that was relieving. It also helped that there was a good looking police officer sitting with me on the way to Bonn. :)
Anyways, when I got there we decided to take a quick tour on one of those toy train looking things (which I thought was a waste) but it was ok. We were walking and I was going to get a picture in front of a brewery, and one of the workers came out and took a picture with me! yay :)We hit the perfume museum then decided to walk (30 minutes) to the wine museum, but it closed a few minutes before we got there. Bummer! Rode the tram back, and I got to go in the Dom, and then I went to the Senf Museum :) and understood about 90% of the one room tour...the other 10% was technical machinery stuff. Met the others at the Chocolate Museum...sorry Hersheys, but you may just have a rival! We ended up spending an HOUR in the gift shop. Oh man, we were such a group of kids in a candy shop. Decided to go get dinner, but I had to hit a tourist shop first. One girl really wanted to eat so we split up again. Plus her train left earlier. So we went to this outdoor eating place, and had some Kölsch, and I had some Weißwurst and Brezel!
So part 2 of the adventure? We got on our train and the announcer said we would be an hour and a half later...granted its only 8 at this point, so that would put us in Heidelberg at 1130. Oh well. So this announcer must have been translating as he went, because he was really bad and it took forever for him to say anything. We all agree that we can now see why our German teachers are so strict on the grammar. If they aren't, we may end up saying..."the train is no longer delayed.....the accident on the tracks......has been.......................................terminated." (Instead of its been cleared) We laughed so hard the entire way home! The changes with our trains worked out alright. Took me about an hour to get home. Full moon tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment