Sunday, May 9, 2010

2 Days and a Wake-Up left

I thought I'd give another quick update. We had the study abroad orientation a few days ago, and it made me really nervous. I'm hoping and praying that everything is ready to go, and will run (relatively) smoothly. I have a total of 5 Euros right now. I had no idea where I would be staying (I made no arrangements), until a few hours ago.
I heard from a friend about couchsurfing.org. It is a wonderful website! Basically you can search the site with different preferences, and find places to stay (for free!). Most of the time it's on someone's couch, but it looks like it will be a great experience. If people don't have a place to stay for you, they will meet with you for coffee, and everyone is soo willing to give great information about where they live.
Fortunately, I met a girl on there, and she will be housing me for the first few days until I can get my feet on the ground. She seems very nice (we talked on Skype). She also goes to school at the Heidelberg University, so it's nice to be able to know someone there already!
I haven't started packing yet. That's bad.
Hopefully I can update you all over the next few days, and I'll be sure to post experiences from this couchsurfing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment