Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 2: Finding my way

So today was pretty interesting. Judith left me directions on a place to go to catch a train to meet her in the Altstadt where we went yesterday. I made it very easily! We met and went to lunch in the student cafeteria. Fell in love with it immediately-they serve beer! We didn't have any though, we were with her parents, and an exchange lady they had from France. It was interesting having three languages spoken at the table-there was a lot of translation going on.
I have come to the conclusion that I should really learn the different ingredients and such in the food because I was never taught foods in the language. I have no clue what I was eating, but it was really good. It was a buffet type thing.
Anyways, we went and had coffee afterwards..I don't like the coffee here near as much as in Greece, but it was good. Better than the states, thats for sure!
Judith and I split from them to go get Spaghetti Ice-that is definitely something to try here.
We also went to a CouchSurfers meeting where one other person was there-Valentino (I believe that was his name). Apparently there's a guy trying to CouchSurf that they think is homeless-ask me for the story! But we played a game so I got to use a little bit of German. Ireally need to work on it. The place we went to was a Chocolaterie, and basically they give you this cup of hot water with foam (everything I've had has this foam, and I'm not so much a fan of it), and this stick of whatever chocolate you want, which you stick in the cup and wait a few minutes and stir. I had a honey chocolate type one which was really good. Then we took the bus and train and the car back to her apartment.
We were going to out tonight, but we are both sick, and its rainy and very cold, so we will hang out here for the night.
Tomorrows goals: find a soccer poster. drinks. :)

By the way, Judith made a cake last night, and it is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment