Saturday, May 29, 2010

Orientation

Today was both annoying and entertaining. I guess I should explain. Today we did the safety talk and so on. This is kind of a repeat though for me, but I guess it's one of those things they have to repeat a lot. We went for a walk through the city which Judith had already done with me, so instead I was like, oh yeah this is a good bar, and yes thats a good place to eat, blah blah blah. I thought it was really funny though because half of the afternoon after our orientation was left out, we spent looking for german-english dictionaries for everyone because no one brought one. Except me. And maybe one other person. I thought this would be like number one on your list for a GERMAN class in GERMANY. We had lunch at the student cafeteria..still can't get over the fact that they serve beer there! Took everyone to get spaghetti ice which was a big hit. Sat next to the river for awhile with everyone then we all decided to try to find our homes. Of course I have no map of my city because we live way out of Heidelberg. I asked a lady for help and she thankfully knew where the cement factory was because that was all I could remember from the area. So she was going the same way and I followed her on the bus, and she gave me directions. Got home really easily. On the other hand though the girl that is also staying here, Liz, was not so lucky. lol She called me upset because she was lost. I heard our host mom down stairs, and it was pretty funny trying to explain to her that Liz "braucht hilf", and that she doesn't know where she is. Liz found a hotel, and our mom knew the hotel...so we had to drive to the other side of town to find Liz. lol

I feel really weird because our mom does all of our laundry, and we leave our dishes on the table. She makes us breakfast and dinner and does the dishes. And she is really nice. Like at home, we have to at least take the dishes off the table and put them in the sink.

Anyways, our mom is going to show us which transportation to use tomorrow, thank goodness. We are so lost right now because we really have no clue where anything is in this town. There was a party tonight, but we decided not to go because we are already disoriented around here. That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment