Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Roma

So I have more updates on Germany, but I will worry about those when I get back there. Right now we will talk about Italy. Ive been in Rome for two days now. Just so you know, my grammar will suck on here because of the lovely italian keyboard. Rome has made me a bit homesick. Its a bit of a rough place, but it is also home to like a romantic city. there are so many people always holding hands and having a great time walking down the streets. It makes me wish I could be with Aaron (my boyfriend).
We saw the Vatican today, and despite the many warnings I received, there were no problems today with pick-pocketing or little kids with flowers. It was definitely a breathtaking place, but very exhausting. We spent a good 6-8 hours there, and Im sure we could have seen more, but we were falling over from hunger. It was definitely worth the visit, and Id recommend anyone to go. I wish I could buy more souveniers, but i have no room in the bag i brought here (i could take only one carry-on). Im at a hostel which is pretty nice. Very clean, and we get a free drink and crossaint in the mornings. The hostel is called Papaya Hostel.
By the way, my mom is a genuine italian cook! :) I can explain more later...

1 comment: