Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flight Status

2:30 p.m.

The flight was a bit bumpy, and nothing special. I did crack up though because close to landing I was kind of looking around at the people around me, and the guy across from me was reading Thunder Gods: Kamikaze Pilots, their story. A bit gutsy if you ask me. We arrived way early—almost 20 minutes.
My first impressions of Toronto? Flat. Plain. People-not too nice until you get through customs. They all speak French, and I feel like they aren’t too excited about Americans. I went to get my luggage to take it to the connecting flight, but it didn’t show. I was impressed though because a worker came up and asked me where I was coming from and where I was going. He came back about 5 minutes later, and said he had radioed to the guys on the plane and that they had forgot my luggage and it would be here in a minute! I wish Lambert could do this. When my luggage came, he also informed me that I should talk to the desk around the corner and see if I could get moved to the direct flight so I wouldn’t have to connect in Montreal! Customer service I tell you. Went to the desk around the corner, and they moved my flight for free!! Now I have a direct flight, my window seat, and I arrive two hours earlier. I just hope I can get in contact with the girl I planned on meeting up with. If not, 2 hours to explore!
More impressions: men-gorgeous, women-kinda snotty, don’t like that there’s no free internet here. Didn’t have to exchange money to buy food, they automatically do it for you at the restaurants and stuff. By the way, I am completely confused now. I have American, European, and Canadian money in my wallet now. I went to buy something, and I felt retarded because I had to stand there and sort it all out. In the end I got a soggyish sandwich, some postcards, and a can of pepsi (!!!) for about $15. I am ridiculously tired, but I’m trying to stay awake so I can sleep on the plane.
Had to go through Canadian customs. They wiped my hands with this brush. Weirdest thing ever. Then they put it in this machine and took down my information and let me go. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyways, I want some computer juice for the plane ride, so this is me signing off. Next time you hear from me it will be in Germany! (actually I’ll be posting this in Germany too, but that’s besides the point) Miss everyone already!

No comments:

Post a Comment